10 Signs You Really Love YourselfNone By Rebecca Wojno
Practicing self love is one of the most important skills a person can learn. Only when you’re feeling the love towards yourself can you expect others to accept you for who you are.
Mark Twain once said, “A man (or a woman) cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” While the signs may look different for each person, here are a few sure signs you approve of yourself:
The self-love checklist:
1. You only surround yourself with people who truly care about you, support you, and want what’s best for you. You let the healthy relationships grow and filter out the toxic ones.
2. You take care of yourself—whether that means meditating on a daily basis, eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, or all of the above. Putting yourself and your health first is a sign that you value who you are.
3. You stopped comparing yourself to other people. While it’s great what they’re doing, it has nothing to do with you and what you’re capable of. In the end, it’s about focusing on yourself and where you are/want to be.
4. Expressing yourself is important to you and you’re not ashamed of what you want or what you don’t want. Your opinion is important, and you’re not worried about what other think.
5. Those negative voices in your head that are discouraging and demeaning have turned into positive affirmations. No more picking yourself apart. You believe you are good enough and everything will be okay.
6. You go after what you want. You're motivated to pursue your dreams, because they’re a huge part of who you are, and you have the inner trust and confidence to go after what you want.
7. You’re comfortable spending one-one-one time with yourself and you actually value this quality time. Recharging is essential for everyone and instead of feeling guilty for it, you embrace it because it’s necessary.
8. You’re grateful. Practicing gratitude is a daily part of life. You know you’re not owed anything and feel blessed for what you do have.
9. You’re happy when others achieve things, because you know you’re on your own path and will find a different, yet still meaningful form of success. You love yourself fully, so you’re happy to see others succeed.
10. You know great things will happen to you because you put positive energy out there into the world and are open to different experiences. If you put good things out into the world, good things will make their way to you.
This article originally appeared on Goodnet and is r