52 Easy Ways to Make a Positive Impact in 2016None None
We all want to do good—whether it’s for ourselves or our loved ones, the planet, or society at large. No matter how big or small, good deeds carry a double punch—we make a positive impact, and we feel great at the same time. Honoring that happy ripple effect in 60 different countries is Good Deeds Day—set for April 10, 2016—a yearly celebration of doing good around the world. This list of 52 ideas will help you take part all year round to make a positive change to the world around you.
A Good Deed a Week
1. Let your first check of the year be to charity.
2. Help a friend in need.
3. Volunteer for an hour at an organization of your choice.
4. Save electricity by unplugging your devices when not in use.
5. Buy a gift for your mother or grandmother—just because.
6. Allow a fellow driver to merge into your lane.
7. Write a thank-you note to someone who won’t expect it.
8. Find unneeded items in your house and donate them to a charitable organization.
9. Plant a tree.
10. Think of something you do well, and use your talent to benefit others—for example, performing magic tricks at a children’s hospital or playing music at a nursing home.
11. Teach an elderly person to use a computer to surf the Internet or write emails.
12. Organize a family meal and appreciate being together.
13. Collect stuffed animals or toys from family members, friends, and neighbors and donate them to an organization that helps children.
14. When you are outside, stop and look around you. Take time to appreciate nature.
15. Find a piece of winter clothing that you haven’t worn all season, and donate it to a charity.
16. Donate an old cell phone.
17. Be environmentally conscious—use both sides of the paper before throwing it away.
18. Offer to cook or clean for the family of someone who has recently give